Life Really is Good

My photo
I love life. I learn daily how short it is...and how fast things can change. Not interested in the crazy....but if it comes I work w/ that too!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

So, Sew, Sow....


This morning I feel soo much better. I am about to workout in a bit but I have already done some work this morning. I took out the trash(modified weight lifting) and then I performed the Saturday morning ritual of changing the sheets; which is an activity that I have kept from childhood. I have one load of clothing that is in the dryer and one last load to wash. I will then be finito with the laundry. I have reached and lifted and swept and all those things this morning. I guess to some folks this is a "so" what? To me it's a signal that I feel good. My routines old and new are taking form and I am happy about this. I love a good plan- especially the kind that seem to be "doable". I failed to mention that I made our menu up through Tuesday ( this is normal) and wrote it on the erasable menu board in the kitchen. This is my secret effort to stave off having to answer the "what's for dinner?" question - sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Yesterday my plan was to complete one of the sewing projects that I mentioned on my vlog. I got it pinned on... which sometimes is the part that gets on my nerves. I got amped yesterday because there are soo few pieces that I did not realize it! The problem ? I was soo energy depleted from my "nose war" that I could not sew. I had to concede and go and lay down. I coughed and hacked. I held up the white flag - which was actually a fresh tissue to blow my nose. My nose won that battle - I plan to sew today.

Now I am excited about going to church tomorrow. Don't ask me why... I have the same excitement about it that I felt when it got close to the New Year ... I am excited about life in general- but this year for some reason I have been REALLY EXCITED. I am excited I know for sure for all the possibilities. I am a giver and going back to work is going to allow me to sow into the lives of others the way I want to. I have been kinda slacking in this area in 2011 and I hated it. I do it because I am supposed to, I do it because nowadays folks don't love on each other as we should. I do it because it's an inherited trait ( Thanks Mom). I do it because it allows my hands to be free to do it again and again. The selfish part of giving for me is it makes me feel good.
So today is a for real a So, Sew, Sow day.
"Make God's will the focus of your life day by day. If you seek to please Him and Him alone, you'll find yourself satisfied with life". - Kay Arthur
Toodles ~

No comments:

Post a Comment