Two more days before CHRISTmas! This is a very different Christmas for me.... It's not my first "grown up " one- but I can tell you it's most definitely the one where I have acted the most adult.
As a kid I was thinking each time I read in the word "that there is nothing new under the sun" how could that be? All this stuff I hadn't experienced,tasted,visited, bought,etc... and I'm reading all the stuff that I consider to be unexplored awesomeness is actually "old news"? for real?...
This year I understand - why my parents poured soo much into our Christmas's - it was because they'd reach where I am now... they know that folks go out spend to the hilt- for 24 hours of ooh's and ahh's and all kinds of oral gluttony... and then by the next work day get to worrying. That the good feelings (which for some reason this year folks seem more hostile and less "Christmasesque" as usual) will dissipate and reversion to the usual will ensue...
They knew that everyday should be filled with connecting with fam on a good level, and dealing w/ each other with love and civility because it's not always a death that seperates ( distance, Alzheimers, and motives and notions) can do the same. That when folks are truly "gone from the stratsophere that we know as earth" they are gone and there's no sayin, or fixin' anything at that time, or doin' the undone.
This year at this time in the year I find myself - on a self imposed hiatus from work. I have recognized that I can chase money and lose my mind. I prefer my sanity- the money will find me. I now solidily have confirmed that folks are afraid to be their true core selves. That titles and positions and letters following after a name ( I have currently "BOUGHT" 8 letters) through the guise of testing and scholarly endeavours, seem to be the personal fort used for protection... My parents taught us all long ago that who we are - is "enough" and I can honestly say they were correct on this.... ( as they are/were on sooo many things).
I have learned that my version of life is good. It's not perfect, it's not pretty, it's tight sometimes but it's my path.
From the health standpoint I have learned that I CAN DO SO MUCH more than I thought this body could. It's endured a lot over my life years. I have done a lot of not soo good things to it... and this year it's been obliging me with increased stamina... improved well being because I concentrated on it more than the proverbial 21 days ( the time frame for a habit to supposedly form) - my habit makere is broken obviously.
I have cut a lot of stuff from my diet, my life, and my thoughts... and am in the process of filling my life with meaningful things. ( a new job, new experiences ( new friends and a few refurbished ones) and an ever increasing love of God and his directives and desires for me!
Wishing everyone a Merry CHRISTmas and Happy New Year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment