Life Really is Good

My photo
I love life. I learn daily how short it is...and how fast things can change. Not interested in the crazy....but if it comes I work w/ that too!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

2012 Solutions

Several years ago I stopped "resolving" things... this also meant no longer would I make new year resolutions. What precipitated this new thinkin? I experienced a situaiton that was SUPPOSED to "resolve" an issue once and for all I did the background work all the footwork ( so I thought) I am still today dealing with the backlash from that decision as the claims had some verity but it was not at all the resolution I understood or expected. I morphed over to "solutions for the new year" at that time.
I always start my solutions in advance of the NEW year...I started this year in August. Tweaking my eating habits, tweaking my exercise habits and taking better care of me from all aspects. My work life balance had been out of whack for a really long time. It was the last major thing that I dealt with.
Making snap decisions w/o consulting God is not an option. It became apparently clear that work had taken over- there was no down time, no planning, no nothing-- just work. I obeyed and "laid down the work part of the work/life balance equation" time to seek a solution... it can only get better!
I talked about a couch to 5k running situation, a long time ago... and now drumroll please... I am at the point where I can run a 2k ( 1.5 miles w/o stopping).This is a huge deal for me and to me . I know what my eating plans for 2012 are.... I know my exercise goals....and tomorrow I expect a call with a salary offer from a job I have been interviewing for.
In my mind I am a runner, but physically right now I am not what a runner looks like. I plan on participating in a 5k, 2012 jingle bell run, and I might even just run up and join a stranger or two while they run their dogs if I get a notion. Stay tuned for the eating path update I have to get it down pat first. On the horizon- 12/31 my days of eating confections will come to a halt. "I don't do dessert" will be my new mantra. I will also know that there is a beginning and an end to my work day.
I am believing that everyone had a really Merry Christmas I sure did!
Toodles~

No comments:

Post a Comment