Life Really is Good

My photo
I love life. I learn daily how short it is...and how fast things can change. Not interested in the crazy....but if it comes I work w/ that too!

Monday, May 7, 2012

HURRY UP AND SLOW DOWN~

< Hello all~ I don't really know who "all" is anymore...it's been another hiatus. I think it was a time for reflection- active reflection cause I am not sure we get to sit down and reflect on anything anymore. I feel forced to multi-task even though I am "no longer a fan". Some things just have their place and it does just not soo much, not right now. I have spent a lot of time hurriedly -hurrying. I could blame my husband for some of it... because I clearly was not in an anticipatory state all the time - or having to "stay ready" for this or that all the time prior to marriage... but I think we temper ourselves and we adjust and everything...I am in no means complaining about the fella or the institution of marriage. What I am doing here today is telling it as I see it and how I feel unfiltered and uncut. On the way home... I called home and asked the fella to chop up some veggies (*onions and bell peppers to be exact). Well It just was not going to happen for me.. Monday's are either the crockpot day or the fella is supposed to cook. The crockpot was not going... so... deduction is I got the stuff - you know what to do... that is what I MEANT by the statement - "it just was not to happen for me". I remember this scenario- my mom would tell us to do something - we'd calculate the time wrong and right when she'd be close enough to home that we'd not possibly be able to complete the task - we'd go into overdrive. 1 or 2 things would happen - I would get the exhilaration from pulling off the great task in record time... or I'd go into explain mode ( which always precluded a whipping). My husband stole something from my childhood playbook...as I stole a move from someone else's playbook ( my granny by another mother). She told me a while ago- to slow down , enjoy life and don't get strung out or up by things that just aren't that important. She told me this at a time when the fella were not in a good space. My pitch it all and start again thinking was surfacing... ( I reserve the right to scrap a plan in a minute- be it right or be it wrong). This evening after I got out of the car from my 45 minute commute;which I have finally calmed down and learned to kinda enjoy after 4 months. I got out of the car hopeful,I came in the house and realized that I needed to cut up onions and the peppers, cause the time was not calculated right. God is gracious tome. I put the entree together in record time! Then I made a decision... I would go outside after I got out of my work clothes and water my garden... just turn on the spigot and water away~ It felt good to get out there, to be doing something that was going to benefit in the future and was a benefit right now!Water w/ the hose felt like a treat; heck it was a non-caloric treat. I got stuff growing I'm already sharing from my garden with some of my friends at work - oregano filled houses chard enhanced dinners ... from my wee- "farm" This is the stuff life is made of - it's the God winks that we miss when we move soo fast that most things become a blur...I think I am enjoying slowing down... but I have got to tell you... I am by no means coming to a grinding halt... just changing gears. If my sister from another mother is reading this - ( and you "sho know who you are" I want to tell you - Thank you for the written letter you "sho hoped me"- as the old folks say) and I love you for knowing what to do, and when to do it... and then doing it... ( the next play book move, i'll be stealing)... I'm just sayin'. Toodles~

No comments:

Post a Comment