Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Perinneals vs. Annuals~ I now know what I am.
So I just finished doing my after work walk through in my garden. I have stated the order of my day, when I get home I go outside do a walk through - water and then stand there and get bitten by mosquito's ( new development) and then come in relaxed / decompressed.
I got today's title because there are a lot of things going on in my life right now. I have had to pray this week for my nanny as she was having an issue which "appeared" to be a big deal. God is gracious and she is fine... I have had to bat down some feelings about some other things going on in life that just kinda make for an interesting soup but I know that HE can handle those as things as well. 2 lessons I have learned this year soo far ( the deep kind worth mentioning here - but they are all worth paying heed to). 1)Things work out no matter how it appears. 2)Treat each day and each experience with the respect it deserves~
An interested thing happened today with at my new workplace....a meeting was called with my manager and the manager's manager. I sighed and wondered... is all well? inmy mind I thought "things are going good " right? I never felt trepidation but I can't always trust the feelings casue they can fool you. When I left my last place I wondered about folks motives. I experienced first hand that all folks really want is "what they want", when they want it. Scary revelation.
I went to my meeting, unsure of what to think. No feelings of trepedation - just all around uncertainty. I decided during my hiatus, I can do what can, I will do the best I can each time I do anything. It was all good, I left out of the meeting feeling valued and with an financial increase after 4 months at my job. I felt appreciated and I knew for sure that God's hands were all in it. Recognition came twice today in my private meeting and among my peers. I am blessed. Working unto God just doesn't hurt, ever.
I am never far from thinking about creative stuff, right now it happens to be my garden and one of other personal projects. My gardens both flower and vegetable/herb. I have always wanted to grow stuff and to share it. I will tell you this. Each year we are told there are plants that come back every year Perrenials (sp). The other genre are annuals. Those you buy and they grow this season at frost you pluck them up after the frost kills them. Not so! I have proof, last year I planted vinca's in the ground. 2 have come back and they now have woody stems ( will it make a bush?)and are about to flower. Same with another flowering plant. If that were not enough I have Oregano from last year ( gone wild) and 2 chard plants ( from last year)which have produced 2 loads of chard this month alone. Now I notice the cucumbers planted last year have made a comeback on their own! All of these beds were cleaned and plucked except the oregano ( it was my personal experiment~ .. these are all plants that we are led to believe only last one season. I know better now.
I decided with my good outcome today that I too am a perinneal. I have a growing season , it might appear that I was down and possibly out- but since the conditions are right. I am sprouting and bearing fruit/purpose. I am thankful to be able to experience this lesson.
I am thankful that my season and my relevance is not over ~
Toodles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment